Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Rack

The Rack

A couple of years ago the hubs decided we needed a new bed because his back hurt upon waking. We had a very nice raised king pillowtop that was only a few years old and I loved it but he had just had a hip replacement and it was too squishy for him. (yes, a hip replacement). The hubs picks out a dual adjustable temperpedic bed which is basicly two twin beds on wheels complete with a grab bar at the foot of the bed for moving them (like a friggin hospital bed!) They are electric and can move like a recliner -just like the old people on the commercial. I know I should be grateful, but I wasn't even 40 when they came to live with us- these twin old people pre-coffin, libido dampening bastards that they are. When I change the sheets I see the foot bar. It is low to the floor (so old people can get in and out of them without busting a hip- I'm sure). To boot, this beast was so expensive we had to take a second mortgage out on it!Our dogs sleep with us and the other night I hear one gagging..."OH GOD! NOT ON THE BED!!!" (Hubs screamed in the dark). Obviously his paralysis had set in again so I body lifted the 65 pound dog over my head in one movement so the bed wouldn't be puked on...Lord, we must save the bed!Sometimes when I get mad at the hubs I say, "You'd better straighten your ass up or I will unplug my bed and wheel it right outta here!I'm sure that the Clapper and the Lifeline button are in my immediate future... we already have the walker, bedside commode and cane in the attic....

No comments:

Post a Comment