Friday, August 28, 2009

Chicken in da' House

Chicken in the House

I live in subdivision row...I live on the very tippy-top of Lakeland. From my front yard I can see the power plant, the tall ride thingy from Cypress Gardens and a bunch of other stuff. I live within a short walk of at least 8 of my FB/LHS friends. I said all of that to describe that I do not live on a farm....Yesterday I came home from working and threw open all the doors to the rear of the house because the weather was warm and the dogs could go freely in an out. I piddled and plundered around for a bit and ended up back in my own room and then to my powder room. When I came out of the powder room the dogs were going nuts like there was a robber in the house. They were snarling and barking and howling up a storm and I was scared! I grabbed the only weapon I could find in the bedroom (a long-handled personal back massager). In hindsight...what was I going to do to the intruder...? I slowly opened the door and in the middle of the living room and there was a rooster! The dogs were nipping at it and there were freakin' feathers everywhere! My first though was, "There better NOT be any chicken poop anywhere or I'm gonna lose my mind!" I took the long-handled personal massager and turned it on- that got the dogs to runnin' out the back. I closed all the doors to keep the dogs out. Now it was just me and the chicken... I opened the front door (which faces a busy Harrell's Nursery Rd) and I personally massaged that chicken right outside and to the road. This took about 10 minutes and I know at least 100 people drove by thinking I was out of my mind. I'm surprised PETA didn't show up- but I would have been glad if they did! The chicken chose to stay on the sidewalk and started walking.. (He is on a busy walk-trail so I guess he figured he might as well get his cardio in). So, if you see a half-feathered chicken walking the sidewalk up here, you'll know he had briefly stayed with me on a warm friday afternoon.
(The dogs, however, are pissed that their new screech toy is gone)...

No comments:

Post a Comment